Hutong, just small back streets or lanes of Beijing, is very common in Beijing. Many of these Hutongs connect, forming neighborhoods with open courtyards. The name of Hutong only used in Beijing and a few northern cities in China.
The history of Beijing is preserved in the names of its Hutong. Some retain the names of some famous persons who once lived there. In addition, there are many other Hutongs are named for well-known craftsmen of shops.
As time goes by, there are many Beijing Hutongs have been demolished to make way for building high rises. Large numbers of local people worry that the memory of the traditional life and culture in Beijing will disappear without these Hutongs, making it difficult for the younger generations to fathom the life of old Beijing.
Itinerary of Half Day Visa Free Beijing Tour
1. The pick up and drop off service is an option for the visa free Beijing tour. If you include the hotel pick up service in this tour, our driver will pick you up from your hotel and drop off at the time which you prefer and transfer to Hutong. However, if you pick up service exclude in this tour, please come to Gulou square at the the fixed time you prefer.
2. Start from Gulou square to enjoy the visa free Beijing tour of Hutong with old-fashioned pedicab.
3. During this visa free Beijing tour, the first station is Drum tower, there tourists could enjoy the overlook sightseeing of Beijing.
4. Besides, visitors could drive by pedicab along Opium street, Yiding Bridge. Shichahai will satisfy you with its beautiful. If lunch include, you will have a traditional Chinese lunch.
5. At last, you will visit Prince Gong's Mansion, it is a private residence of Heshen, a wealthy minister in Qing Dynasty. After that, the driver will transfer to your hotel if drop off service include. And this half day visa free Bejing tour end.
1. Pedicab Fee (1 or 2 persons in 1 pedicab).
2. Private English speaking tour guide.
3. Entrance tickets.
Tips to the tour guide and driver.
Half day visa free Beijing Hutong tour will give you fresh insight into the local life of Beijing.